Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tonights Supper: Taco Cornbread

When I was growing up we lived next store to my Grandpa and Grandma. It was great! Always had cousins to play with, my Great Aunt lived in her R.V. in the yard... It was fantastic! Lets put it this way... I had no trouble scoring a cookie from someone. Anyway... My Mom and Grandma would take turns having each other over for supper. When Gram had us over Taco Cornbread was something she made. I loved it! It is simple, cheap, and yummy! So here it is! Enjoy! Make this tonight. Seriously. Do it! Taco Cornbread 1 1/2 lb ground turkey 1 pkg. taco seasoning ( I make my own with garlic powder and cumin and hot peppers) 1/2 c. water 1 can corn drained 1 8 oz can tomato sauce 1 pkg corn muffin mix (jiffy) 1 can French fried onions (don't you just love those?!) Brown meat, add seasoning, water, corn, and tomato sauce. Make muffin mix as directed on box. Spray a 2 qt. baking dish. Place the meat mixture in the bottom, top with the cornbread mix. Sprinkle onions over the top. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes! When I make it I add diced onions, green pepper and tomatoes. I try to get as many veggies in as I can! Sneaky, sneaky!

No comments:

Post a Comment